Juma Mosque in Buzovna Settlement of the Khazar District

  • Project
  • Photo


Juma Mosque in Buzovna Settlement of the Khazar District has been reconstructed within the “Address of tolerance - Azerbaijan” Project.


Construction of the Mosque started in 1896, and in 1900, construction works were stopped. During the Soviet period, the building was used as a storehouse and shop. In December 2006, on the initiative of President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva, a project was developed with 700 thousand  prime cost for the reconstruction of the Mosque. Started in February of 2007,  the construction works were finished in 2009. President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva attended the opening of the Juma Mosque, December 19, 2009.


With 500-square meter area, the Mosque has been built of limestone  its facade covered with stone inscriptions written in Arabic. The Mosque is 28 meters high, including a 12-meter dome.


In addition to the Mosque, subsidiary and administrative buildings, separate ablution rooms for men and women and other rooms have been built here.


500 people may pray at a time at the Mosque. All conditions have been created here to ensure that men and women can pray separately. The ground floor of the Mosque has been designed for men’s and the first floor for women’s praying. 



Share:

RAG_3286.jpg
RAG_3333.jpg